Ah, Utah dating...it can be the worst of times, it can be the best of times. But by going to one of the following places, you're guaranteed to have the BEST of times! Find ideas for that memorable first date, or an active adventure to prove your budding relationship. This list will supply you with the perfect Utah date night idea, no matter your interest!
We’ve broken our list into categories depending on the type of date you’re planning. You’ll find cheap or free ideas for the frugal couple as well as romantic suggestions for committed couples. We’ve tried to include unique dating locations with atmospheric venues for those wanting to make an impression. Plus, you’re sure to find tons of fun date ideas in Utah among our seasonal date picks.
So take a break from the coffee shops and ice cream parlors and check out the following creative date ideas.
Cheap or Free Dates
Fun dates don't have to break the bank! Check out these Utah dating ideas that mostly cost less than $20 for 2 people. For more ideas, see our list of free things to do in Utah Valley!
- Bike the Provo River Parkway to Bridal Veil Falls (FREE)
- Make your own soap together at The Soap Factory ($5-$10 a person)
- See some great art every first Friday of the month at the Downtown Provo Art Stroll (FREE)
- Have a picnic or try flying a kite at one of our local parks (FREE)
- Play arcade games at Nickel City Fun Center ($2.25 for admission, arcade is $0.05 each game)
- Take a tour of Downtown Provo's Murals (FREE)
- Go on an Instagram Scavenger Hunt (FREE)
- Bond over live local music at Velour ($6-$12)
- Go to one of BYU's museums (FREE)
- Find the heart of Timpanogos Cave ($12 a person)
- Visit a local thrift store or antique store, such as Treasures Antiques Mall, Confetti Antiques and Books, or Cat's Cradle (Varies)
Most Romantic Dates
A nice meal is a great way to create a bond and spark conversation. For this, we suggest checking out our Foodie Guide for a list of the best restaurants to take your date to. For those committed couples who want to show appreciation for their significant other, the following novel ideas will be perfect.
- Dine at La Jolla Groves and walk around under the moonlight at the Shops at Riverwoods
- Go to Thanksgiving Point to stroll through Ashton Gardens and eat at Harvest Restaurant
- Get close while Salsa Dancing
- Eat lunch and see beautiful scenery on the Heber Valley Railroad
- Relax together in the mountains at the Spa at Sundance
- Drive up Provo Canyon to have a picnic while watching the sunset at Squaw Peak Overlook
- Do a fondue for two tasting at Taste
- Enjoy a date night dinner at Sundance Mountain Resort's Tree Room
- See a play in the intimate black box theater at Covey Center for the Arts
- In the cool, uncrowded evening, see the lights all over the valley while hiking the Y
Active & Adventurous Dates
The best ice-breaker dates are the ones that get you moving and are a little competitive! Find love with some of the date night ideas in Utah below! See our outdoor recreation list for more ideas
- Rock climb during the 2-for-1 special at The Quarry
- Race in a Ninja Warrior course or do flips on a trampoline at Lowes Xtreme Air Sports
- Go surfing and play mini croquet at Provo Beach
- Head up to the Alpine Loop and go horseback riding
- Hold hands while ice skating at Peaks Ice Arena
- Swim or play racquetball at Provo Rec Center
- Take in the beauty of nature and have long conversations while hiking
- Throw it back to the good old days with an indoor roller skating rink at Classic Fun Center
- Play Archery Tag (dodgeball, but with arrows!) at Hang Time Adventure Park
- Go canoeing or kayaking down the Provo River
- Go axe throwing at Heber Hatchets or Phat Axe
If you're looking to take your date somewhere they won’t forget, try one of the spots below. If you are preparing for marriage and leaving the singles in Utah world, the following spots also make great engagement backdrops
- Get crazy and go hang-gliding at the Flight Park
- Break out of your shell and sing at Heart & Seoul Karaoke
- Race on a giant go-kart course at The Grid
- Make your own metal flowers at Stone Fox Forge
- Give your date a hilarious time at a local comedy show with Improv Broadway, Comedy Sportz, or Dry Bar Comedy
- Try an escape room at either Get Out Games, The Escape Key, Red Giant Escape Rooms, or Alcatraz
- Ride the ZipTour at Sundance
- Bike around Provo at night on a Pedal Provo Ghost Tour
- Make art that will last forever at Color Me Mine
- Experience a real-life video game through virtual reality at Virtual Experience
- Play board games for hours and have all types of snacks at Good Move Cafe
Every season in Utah Valley is loaded with fun activities for group and individual dates, including festivals and outdoor activities. Keep an eye on our events page for more ideas.
- Cheer for the Cougars at a BYU football game
- Go to any city's summer celebration, such as Fiesta Days, Lehi Round-Up, or Payson Scottish Festival
- Ski at Sundance Mountain Resort
- Walk arm in arm as you brave the Haunted Forest
- Get lost together at Cornbelly's Corn Maze
- Add color to your date at the Holi Festival of Colors
- Get in the holiday spirit at the Festival of Lights
- Attend the 4th of July celebration at the Stadium of Fire
- Pick and carve pumpkins from a local pumpkin patch
- Go to Thanksgiving Point's spring Tulip Festival
Now that you have over 50 awesome date ideas, it's time for the hard part. You’ve got to ask that special person to go on a date with you! Just relax, take a deep breath, be yourself, and have fun!
Who knows, maybe your next date will be with the person you end up getting engaged to. If so, check out our blog on the best engagement photo spots in Utah County.