Having trouble thinking of or finding just the right spot for your engagement photos? Well you’re in luck! We have compiled 50 of the most beautiful places in Utah County for the perfect pictures. No matter what the season is, we have something that can work for everyone.
Most of the places on this list are free to shoot there, unless stated otherwise. A few of the places are more well known for photoshoots. Many of the places are unique and may not be as well-known as some of the others. Featuring places from Santaquin all the way to Alpine, enjoy!
- Tibblefork Reservoir, American Fork Canyon
PC: Terra Cooper Photography
American Fork Canyon Rd American Fork, UT 84003
Great water, wooded areas, perfect for an outdoors feel.
- The Provo Orchards:
PC: Emily Lesher Photography
Reservations required, $20 entrance fee, get access to Provo castle too.
2109 N University Ave, Provo, UT 84604
Fun apple orchards in the heart of Provo and a magical castle too! Just the right setting for a fairy tale feel to the photo shoot.
- Thanksgiving Point, Lehi:
Photo passes required (reservations not required, but check to make sure they are not already booked for your date and time). Fees: $100 Gardens, $75 Water Tower Plaza, $150 for a combo pass that includes both locations. Additional entrance fee may apply if more than 3 people in your party.
- Rock Canyon Park, Provo:
PC: Tracy Hill Photography
Nice grassy area, versatile with most photo shoot styles.
- Alpine Loop, American Fork:
PC: Gideon Photography
Great lush area full of beautiful trees.
- Canyon View Park, Provo
- Downtown Provo
PC: Argyle Photography
- Lehi Roller Mills
- The Riverwoods: Free if using the bridge, park, stream, etc. In the mall costs a fee.
PC: Campbell Photography
- Vivian Park, Provo Canyon
PC: Swensen Photography
- South Fork Park/Big Springs Park – (Provo Canyon – turn into Vivian Park and keep going)
- Spanish Oaks Walking Trail near Spanish Oaks Golf Course (2300 e. powerhouse rd., Spanish Fork, UT. Great for fall/winter engagements.
- Salem Pond, Salem, UT
- American Fork Amphitheater
PC: Amber Hansen Photography
- Star Mill, Alpine: Fee around $40
PC: Lindsey Black Photography
- Utah Valley University Campus: requires permission and can’t include anything identifiable at UVU, creek, waterfall, nice grassy areas, modern area in hallway to library.
- South Brigham Young University Campus: Duck pond, stairs, grassy areas, etc.
PC: hellodarlyn photography
- Bicentennial Park, Provo
- Downtown Alpine
- Downtown Payson
- Payson Park
- Hobble Creek Canyon, Mapleton/Springville
- Poppy Field near Lambert Park in Alpine. Go on Poppy Trail Road
PC: The Curmudgeonly Professor Blog
- Provo Library
PC: Hiya Papaya Photography
- Utah Lake, Provo
PC: Anastasia Strate Photography
- Provo River and Trail
PC: Stephanie Pass Photography
- Deer Creek Reservoir
- Old Leland Mill, just outside Spanish Fork: Requires permission from owners
- The River Bottoms, Spanish Fork
- The Old Highway, between Spanish Fork and Springville: Free, has some old cars, rustic fence, grass
PC: DesignStudioB Photography
- Red Ledges, Spanish Fork Canyon
- Thistle Ghost Town: Up Spanish Fork Canyon. Abandoned buildings, wide widows, rustic
- Rock Canyon, Provo
PC: Tracy Hill Photography
- Provo Canyon
- Squaw Peak Provo
- Nebo Loop, Spanish Fork
PC: Sarah Dixon Photography
- Memorial Park, downtown Payson
- Timpanogos Falls, Provo
- Highland Glen Park, Highland, UT
- Lavender field in the south of Santaquin, UT.
PC: Rosie Hardy Photography
- Nielsen’s Grove Park, Orem:
Indulge in the variety Nielsen’s Grove offers with a barn, wood harbors, various trees, rock pond, fountain pond, and swings!
PC: iyouandme blog
- Dry Canyon, Lindon, UT
- Sundance Resort
- Railroad tracks behind Vivian Park, Provo:
- Southridge Farms, Santaquin, UT
- Aspen Groves, right above Sundance
- Utah Lake Reflecting Ponds, just south of the Lindon Boat Dock: ponds, water reflections of mountains at the right time of day.
- Bridge River Jordan, Eagle Mountain, Utah: Water, rustic bridge
- Saratoga Springs: Lakes, bridges, etc.
- Loch Lomond Pond, Lehi: Free, great trails, wooded areas, and views of northern Utah Lake
PC: Good Eye Photography
We know how stressful it can be trying to find and decide on a spot, so hopefully this helps! Let us know some other favorite photo locations or photographers around the valley. We want to hear from you!