A favorite annual Christmas tradition, and one of the most popular holiday activities in Utah Valley, is to stop and visit one of our local holiday light displays. These light shows are the perfect way to kick-off the holiday season and indulge in some Christmas cheer. So join us in spreading a little of the Christmas spirit by hopping in your car with a few close loved ones and visiting as many of these holiday festivals of lights as you can!
With thousands of lights and other Christmas decorations on exhibit, you will find some of Utah’s best holiday scenes right here in Utah County. From more conventional Christmas light shows to more unique displays, you’ll find a range of holiday lights to view, including a Christmas lights driving tour, forests of lit-up trees, and even a holiday cruise.
Oh, Christmas tree, how lovely are your light bulbs
With it’s close proximity to Salt Lake City, Luminaria is one of the most popular holiday light shows in the area! Head over to Ashton Gardens at Thanksgiving Point to see their holiday lights display with over a million lights. Take a dazzling journey through the forest, filled with string lights in a holiday winter wonderland! Take a stroll this holiday season while enjoying treats like s'mores at glowing fire pits, hot chocolate and sweets from the gift boutique, and interactive game areas! This year, discover the Legend of the Yeti. See if you can spot him throughout the Luminaria before arriving at his home, the Himalayan Heights.
Enjoy a special fireworks show and more at the Ashton Gardens this New Year's Eve!
- Location: Ashton Gardens - 3900 N. Garden Dr. Lehi, UT 84043
- Admission: $17-$24 (see calendar event for pricing details)
- Dates: November 18th through January 1st
Riverwoods Holiday Lights Display
All I want for Christmas can be found at the Shops at Riverwoods
Browse through one of the many shops or grab a bite to eat while you enjoy the outdoor holiday lights! A great treat to grab would be a cookie from Suss Cookie Company or some truffles from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory while you wander around the bright holiday lights. The official lighting of Riverwoods will take place on November 19th at 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM with live entertainment, fireworks, ice sculptures, Santa, and one million lights!
- Location: The Shops at Riverwoods - 4801 North University Avenue, Provo, UT 84604
- Admission: Free!
- Dates: November 19th until the end of the year
Spanish Fork Festival of Lights
It's beginning to look a lot like LED lighting
Enjoy a favorite local tradition on a driving tour through an incredible light display while listening to Christmas carols from the comfort of your own car! Enjoy poinsettias, candy canes, Toyland, cowboys, the North Pole, and more!
- Location: Canyon View Park - 3300 E Powerhouse Rd, Spanish Fork, UT 84660
- Admission: $8 per car, $22 per commercial van or trailer, $30 per bus
- Dates: November 25th through January 1st, 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Pond Town Christmas in Salem City
Photo Credit: Chase Higginson
Rockin' around the Christmas pond
Grab a cup of hot chocolate and drive by the enchanting Salem Pond to enjoy twinkling lights reflecting on the water. The atmosphere is peaceful and perfect for viewing a Nativity scene.
- Location: Salem Pond - 259 W Salem Lake Dr, Salem, UT 84653
- Admission: Free!
- Dates: November 26th through January 1st, from 5:30 PM - 11:00 PM
Christmas Cruise at Clas Ropes Course
Photo Credit: @clasropes
Santa Claus is coming to Clas Ropes Course
Hop on a cruise that will take you down the Provo River with Santa while you delight in cheery and festive scenes along the shore! This Provo Christmas event is a unique holiday festival of lights you will remember forever.
- Location: Clas Ropes Course - 3606 West Center Street, Provo, UT 84601
- Admission: $9/person, $1 for 2 years old and younger
- Dates: December 1st - 23rd
The Orchard Christmas Lights
Photo Credit: @rains.adventures
Baby, it's cold outside University Place
Wander around a 30′ tall walk through tree, 75′ of archways, the trees in the Orchard, and UP logo all covered in 80,000 lights. Some of the prettiest holiday lights in Utah Valley can be found in the forest of Christmas trees.
- Location: University Place - 575 East Univ. Parkway, Orem, UT 84097
- Admission: Free!
- Dates: November 16th until January 2nd
Tallest Tree in Utah
It's the most wonderful tree in the state
Visit the tallest Christmas tree in Utah as you go gift shopping at the Outlets of Traverse Mountain. The 80-foot tree is brought all the way from Washington state and then lit up and decorated with 8,000 Christmas ornaments!
Go to the Tree Lighting Event on November 20th from 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM featuring BYU Vocal Point, a gingerbread man scavenger hunt and meet Anna, Elsa, Kistoff and Olaf from Frozen!
- Location: Outlets at Traverse Mountain - 3700 North Cabelas Blvd. Lehi, UT 84043
- Admission: Free!
- Dates: November 20th to December 25th
More Holiday Lights in Utah Valley
- Peteetneet Museum and Cultural Arts Center (10 N 600 E, Payson, UT 84651)
- Aurora at Evermore Park (382 S Evermore Ln, Pleasant Grove, UT 84062)
- Neptune Park's Christmas Tree (452 W 400 N, Saratoga Springs, UT 84045)
- Lindon City Center Park (200 N State St, Lindon, UT 84042)
- Mapleton City Park Christmas Tree (W Maple St & N Main St, Mapleton, UT 84664)
Grab your coats and your holiday spirit for a fun night out at one of these beautiful holiday lights in Utah Valley!