Little known fact: Utah Valley is an amazing place for Foodies (or those with a particular interest in food, which is most of us, right?). We have so many local and unique restaurants, food from an array of different cultures, and even food that has received national attention and won awards. Check out our list of non-chain restaurants that originated in Utah Valley! Only the best made the list, meaning only those restaurants with a 4-5 star rating on Google reviews or Yelp!
4-5 Star European Food Restaurants
For those who love European food, these gems stand out from the crowd! From Italian cuisine to German and Greek grub, these restaurants will transport you straight to Europe!
- The Italian Place Cheeseteaks in Lindon & Orem
- Since 1972, this restaurant has been pleasing locals with tasty Italian steak meals, from steak and cheese sandwiches to steak salads!
- Aubergine & Company in Lehi & Orem
- This healthful and delicious restaurant has a Mediterranean flair to it, with offerings like Greek bowls, hummus and pita bread, and falafel salads.
- La Dolce Vita in Provo
- Mama mia, this restaurant will make you feel like you are in the heart of Italy! While dining there, enjoy their Italy-shaped flatbread!
- Nicolitalia Pizzeria in Provo
- This place is known for their east-coast pizza and large Napoli calzones and they were even voted the best pizza in the state of Utah!
- Rimmels in Orem
- This is the only place in Utah Valley where you can find really good authentic German food! They have all the classics from bratwursts to schnitzel to doner.
- Pizzeria Seven Twelve in Orem
- With gluten-free options, this locally-sourced restaurant uses only the finest ingredients. Come for lunch or dinner and stay for dessert!
- Hruska's Kolaches in Provo
- If you've never had a Czech kolache you have to try one here! The round pastries sell out quickly every morning and are worth waking up early for!
- Greek-n-Go in Provo
- This is the best Greek food in the valley where you can grab a gyro and fries! It is close to BYU, which makes it the perfect quick meal before a football game!
- Antonella's Cafe in Orem
- Have an authentic Italian lunch at Antonella's! Of course, you can order a cappuchino, so pair it with a panini, or homemade croissant or ciabatta roll!
- Terra Mia in Orem
- Come to Terra Mia for Italian-style pizza, gelato, and other delicious Italian cuisine. Everything, including their pasta, is made fresh and from scratch!
- Ginger's Garden Cafe in Springville
- This healthy gourmet restaurant makes a variety of food, including Greek-inspired dishes, such as their hummus plate and their falafel wrap!
4-5 Star Latin American Food Restaurants
Craving a burrito or an empanada? From the best street tacos to the most authentic Brazilian food, this list covers all the most amazing 4-5 star Latin American restaurants in Utah Valley!
- El Mexiquense in American Fork & Saratoga Springs
- This has consistently been one of the best Mexican restaurants in northern Utah County! Their specialty is the drool-worthy tacos al pastor!
- Nazca Grill in American Fork
- WARNING: their food is delicious. It may be hard not to return to this amazing Peruvian restaurant, even if you can't pronounce your order!
- La Costa in American Fork
- The ingredients at this Mexican restaurant are 100% authentic and fresh! The owners love feeding their customers. so they offer great service!
- Taco Amigo in Pleasant Grove & Orem
- This quick service taco joint will satisfy any crispy taco craving! They have vegetarian options, smothered burritos, and even a side of fries!
- Maria Bonita Mexican Grill in Orem
- When you come here, you MUST try either the chile verde or the carne asada! They also have an awesome drink, sipped straight from a real pineapple!
- Milagros in Orem
- Milagros has mouthwatering Mexican food! Try something other than a taco or burrito, such as their pollo fundido, Hermosillo ribs, or seafood enchiladas!
- La Carreta Peruvian Restaurant in Orem
- This amazing restaurant offers fresh and authentic Peruvian food, including beef steak and seafood! Don't leave without trying the imported Inca Kola, too!
- Red Fuego in Orem
- This yummy Peruvian restaurant is famous for its flavorful rotisserie chicken! Their food is homemade and organic, with only the best ingredients!
- Asado Argentinian Grill in Orem
- This fine dining restaurant has a variety of unique and amazing foods, such as different types of steak, stuffed potatoes, breaded meats, and ceviche.
- Lomito's in Orem
- Have you ever tried a lomito before? It is basically a Chilean sandwich that comes with a side of fries! Order them here or get some yummy empanadas!
- La Brioche Argentine Bakery in Orem
- Taste Argentinian culture at this bakery that serves delicious breads and pastries, but also savory eats, such as sandwiches!
- Mi Ranchito in Orem & American Fork
- This family-owned restaurant is a local favorite! Order one of their group meals, the parrillada or the molcajete, for a delicious and entertaining time!
- Brasas Mexican Grill in Provo
- Brasas is a very causal restaurant where all seating is outside! The combination platters with carnitas, chicken, or steak are filling and tasty!
- El Gallo Giro in Provo
- This yummy restaurant serves something really unique: cactus! They also have applewood smoked chicken (grilled daily!) and superb tortas!
- El Mexsal in Provo
- In the mood for Mexican food? How about Salvadorean food? At El Mexsal you can get both and in an authentic atmosphere!
- Street Tacos Don Joaquin in Provo
- This is often said to be the most authentic quick service taco places in Provo! Hesitant about authentic foreign food? Try the gringas tacos!
- Mi Lindo Guadalajara in Provo
- This place is great--they offer fun and great service and everything here is authentic, not to mention the amazing Mexican food! You have to try it.
- El Salvador Restaurant in Provo
- Don't miss out on a popular Salvadorean cuisine: pupusas! Their mouth-watering flavors will have you going back again and again.
- Se Llama Peru in Provo
- For bright and vibrant Peruvian food, go here! This is a great place to dine if you are in Downtown Provo and want something more than a burger and fries!
- Taqueria San Marcos in Provo
- Anyone who is passionate about tacos know that this is one of the absolute best places to find a taco in Utah County! Fill your craving now and go get some!
- Rica's Pupusas in Provo
- This amazing family-owned Salvadorian restaurant serves a pretty darn tasty pupusa, which is similar to a tortilla filled with various melted cheeses and meats.
- Joe Vera's in Provo
- This Mexican restaurant is the best one on Center Street in Downtown Provo! Everyone raves about their salsa, and luckily it comes with every meal!
- Joe Bandido's in Springville
- Delicious salsa and sauces, delicious fajitas, delicious sodas, delicious seafood--just all around a delicious place to eat!
- La Casita in Springville
- It's hard to find Mexican food better than La Casita! Their filling and delicious portions will satisfy anyone with a rice, bean, and tortilla appetite!
- Los 2 Potrillos in Spanish Fork
- For that can't-get-enough Mexican flavor, check out this place, where five-star dishes are just over the counter! They also serve up grub to go.
- Don Chuy's Taco Shop in Payson & Provo
- The name says it all--when you go here, get the tacos! They are large and delicious and come in either beef, chicken, or pork. Get a smoothie, too!
- El Tapatio in Payson
- Their Mexican-inspired dishes combine ancient traditions with contemporary ingredients, spiced to suit your tastes. Any meal here is a special occasion!
- Mi Rancherito in Payson & Spanish Fork
- Get your sombrero and head over to Mi Rancherito! This hole-in-the-wall serves unlimited chips and salsa, so it's a party your whole meal!
Next time you want a fiesta in your mouth or the next time you're looking for a romantic night out, check out one of these Latin American or European restaurants! Check out another edition to our Foodie Guide, if you're in the mood for American Food!