Little known fact: Utah Valley is an amazing place for Foodies (or those with a particular interest in food, which is most of us, right?). We have so many local and unique restaurants, food from an array of different cultures, and even food that has received national attention and won awards. Check out our list of non-chain restaurants that originated in Utah Valley! Only the best made the list, meaning only those restaurants with a 4-5 star rating on Google reviews and Yelp!
4-5 Star Dessert and Snack Locations
Have a sweet tooth? Come and find one of our bakeries, soda shops, or candy and chocolate shops! Utah Valley makes some of the best doughnuts, cupcakes, and shaved ices around! And don't even get us started on our chocolate and our ice cream...
- Lehi Bakery in Lehi
- Well known for their famous soft and delicious square glazed doughnuts, this bakery has been shaking things up for over 45 years! Give them a whirl!
- Sugar High Confections in Lehi
- This delicious bakery serves amazing treats and make wonderful cakes for any occasion! They are also the first bakery in Utah to offer an array of Keto desserts!
- Cravings Alisha's Cupcakes in Pleasant Grove
- This blog is all about indulgence and there is no better way to do that than with some award-winning cupcakes, featured on Food Network's Cupcake Wars!
- Smart Cookie in American Fork
- This delicious cookie restaurant (isn't it great how that's a thing now?) started in Provo, but is now in American Fork and budding all over Utah! The cookies are simply perfect!
- Avenue Bakery in American Fork
- Get all your freshly made carb and sugar delights here, including crepes, fresh fruit tarts, and a darn good breakfast!
- Chip Cookies in Lehi & Provo
- Craving a soft, warm, gooey cookie? Try Chip, where they have one focus: chocolate chip cookies! They also have a cookie of the month, in case you want a small variety!
- The Chocolate in Orem
- The irresistible treat of chocolate is found in all forms at this self-explanatory dessert cafe. A visit here is good for the soul!
- Ivie Juice Bar in Provo & Orem
- Unlike many other things on this list, Ivie Juice bar is a sweet treat that won't break your diet! Their acai bowls and smoothies are loaded with nutrients and color!
- Taste in Provo
- This elegant chocolate restaurant makes their own chocolate! Tour their chocolate factory and then stay for one of their chocolate and cheese tastings!
- The Wash in Provo
- This place is so yum. Enjoy the fun atmosphere late at night (opens at 7pm), and buy drinks and desserts! The churro ice cream sandwich is strongly recommended.
- Rockwell Ice Cream Co in Provo
- This to-die-for ice cream shop offers unique flavors that you will be dreaming about long after your cone is gone. The local favorite in the Beehive State is their honeycomb!
- Fruta Crush in Provo
- Find some classic Mexican treats here, including Mexican candy, horchata, fresh pineapple treats, cream-filled churros, and fresh fruit smoothies!
- Penguin Brothers in Provo
- Have you ever had a gourmet ice cream sandwich? Well, at Penguin Brothers you can order some of their creamy ice cream, sandwiched between two freshly made cookies!
- Shirley's Bakery in Provo
- If you haven't been to Shirley's, you don't know what you're missing! Load up on orange rolls, loaves of bread, and dinner rolls that give Rhodes Rolls a run for their money!
- Provo Bakery in Provo
- Doughnuts, cookies, bread, and so much more--you name it, they've probably got it, when it comes to satisfying desserts and treats!
- BYU Creamery on 9th in Provo
- Every Cougar knows that the place to get ice cream is at the BYU Creamery! They serve delicious flavors, such as Graham Canyon and Bishop's Bash!
- Sub Zero Nitrogen Ice Cream in Provo & Lehi
- Yes, this is a chain, but it started in Utah Valley! Order one of their unique and delicious flavors and then watch it freeze right before your eyes! The debate is strong whether it's magic or science!
- Roll With It Creamery in Provo & American Fork
- This ice cream place serves up Thai-style ice cream, which means they roll the ice cream instead of scooping it! It is a blast to watch and a delight to eat!
- Startup Candy Co in Provo
- This candy shop has a history of making candy for almost two centuries! Their specialty is their jumbo pops that come in a variety of flavors and colors!
- Bianca's La Petite French Bakery in Provo & Lindon
- The French are well known for their pastries, so a visit to Bianca's is a sweet treat! They bake local favorites, such as the cronut, macarons, and cannolis.
- Delipan in Provo
- Come to Delipan for some delicious baked goods, that have been made fresh for the past 11 years! They also serve delicious Mexican treats!
- Honey & Grains Bakery in Springville
- This new bakery is every dessert-lover's dream! They have fresh-baked pies, German chocolate and a variety of cakes, and honey wheat bread that comes from local honey!
- Eli's Old-Fashioned Ice Cream & Soda Shop in Payson
- This adorable old-fashioned ice cream and soda parlor serves rootbeer floats and shakes, of course! They also have doughnut ice cream sandwiches!
- Cowboy Donuts in Spanish Fork
- This is a fun doughnut shop! They have all sorts of shapes of doughnuts and flavors for every season! No wonder it's the most popular doughnut place in Spanish Fork!
- Cassie's Cookies in Salem
- Eat these super fat cookies if you want to indulge in a sugary treat in the southern part of Utah County! They come in a variety flavors, so you'll need a box of 6!
- Rowley's Red Barn in Santaquin
- Come to Rowley's Red Barn for an array of fun, but don't forget to stop in their shop for delicious ice cream and doughnuts! Their apple cider slushes are also incredible!