The Freedom Festival is one of Utah's biggest annual festivals, celebrating Independence Day. This Fourth of July celebration is a week full of activities, from parades and carnivals to tributes of art. There is something for the whole family!
Freedom Days is a 4-day event that is sure to thrill the whole family. There will be live entertainment, a carnival, art exhibits, handcrafted jewelry, food trucks and more!
- When? July 3-6, time varies each day
- Where? Provo Center Street (Downtown Provo)
- Cost? Free entrance, rides and bounce houses costs vary
The early bird catches the Balloon Fest! As the balloons inflate, people can walk around them and then see them take off into the sky. Over 25,000 spectators come from all over to see the 25 spectacular giant balloons and to even watch games played in the air by balloon pilots!
- When? July 4-6, 6 AM-8 AM
- Where? 1100 N Freedom Blvd Provo (Bulldog Field)
- Cost? Free!
Travel back in time with colonial demonstrations, exhibits, storytelling and much more at this heritage celebration. Play colonial games, see old shops like apothecaries, blacksmiths, broom makers, gunsmiths, and wood workers, or check out the gun displays and cannon firings.
- When? July 4-6, 9 AM-6 PM
- Where? 600 S State St Orem (SCERA Park)
- Cost? Free!
Cries of Freedom
At this event, enjoy the show celebrating our country, "Cries of Freedom--The Musical." There will also be an animal show, and other exciting performances. In this year's event, they will also be honoring fallen soldiers with a Walk of Honor.
- When? July 4-6, 10 AM-8 PM
- Where? 745 S State St Orem (SCERA Center for the Arts)
- Cost? Free!
Whether you are an avid runner or a beginner, you can take part in the Freedom Run! There is a race for all levels, including a 10k, 5k, or the mayor's one-mile Fun Run. This year, 5,500 runners are anticipated for the event, dressed head to toe in red, white, and blue.
- When? July 4, 7 AM
- Where? Kiwanis Park in Provo
- Cost? $15-$40 to participate, free for spectators
Experience the largest 4th of July Parade in Utah with bands, professional floats, enormous balloons, performers and more! Approximately 300,000 spectators are expected at the parade in Provo. Be one of them!
- When? July 4th, 9 AM
- Where? University Ave and Center St (Provo)
- Cost? Free! Pre-purchased bleacher seats are $7 and guarantee a top notch viewing spot
Stadium of Fire
The event everyone has been waiting for--and by far the largest event of the Freedom Festival each year--is the Stadium of Fire. This year, the headliner performance will be Keith Urban, so it's going to be awesome. The evening will include other special performances, and then conclude with an amazing firework show!
- When? July 4, 8 PM
- Where? Lavell Edwards Stadium in Provo (BYU football stadium)
- Cost? $35-$250, reserve your seats soon
Happy Birthday to America! We hope you can find something awesome to do to celebrate! For a full list of Freedom Festival events, see our events calendar.