Genola is proud to be known as a rural community, while they still offer many excellent services through local and chain businesses.
In 1916 Stawberry Irrigation Water brought more water into the area and the population greatly increased. In the same year new and longstanding town citizens unanimously voted to change the town name to Genola because the area had previously been named Hardscrabble, Solver Lake and Idlewild.
The first formal church organization was in 1919 when a branch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was formed. Orchards became more prominent in 1962 including peach, sour cherry and apple varieties. Life in Genola is mainly focused around agriculture. Rather than block clusters, houses are organized by farmsteads. The community revolves around the church and community park. The most prominent business' are in dairy farming but the fruit business' are quickly growing. The Genola community welcomes visitors to come taste their home grown produce while enjoying the serenity of their rural community.