Pioneer Day predates Utah statehood, celebrating the day that Brigham Young and the first pioneers settled in the Salt Lake valley. Although there are strong Latter-Day Saint ties to Pioneer Day, it is a celebration of all people and religions and the ancestors that settled here to worship however they chose. A true celebration of freedom of religion and independence.
To commemorate Pioneer Day, we have created a list of the top Pioneer activities you can do to celebrate with your family this year.
1. Pioneer Day Extravaganza- Celebrate in one of Utah County’s largest Pioneer Day celebrations at North park, July 24th, 10AM-2PM in Provo (500 N. 500 W.) There will be lots to choose from with pie cooking contests, a farmer’s market, entertainment, games for kids, and much more!
2. Mapleton Pioneer Day Celebration- Enjoy all the festivities including a parade, 5k run, food, entertainment, fireworks, games and much more!
3. Orem Owlz vs Billings- Catch a baseball game July 24 at 7:05pm with fireworks to follow after the game!
4. Pioneer Day Temple to Temple 5k Run- Largest race in Utah and registration is free! Optional shirt for $8.
5. Lehi Foam Day- Party with spraying foam everywhere! There will also be live music, bounce houses, food and more. July 24th, 11AM-4PM
7. University Place Pyromusical - Don't miss University Place's FIRST EVER Pioneer Day Event!! Music, fireworks, and more starting at 7:00 PM, July 24th. Fireworks will begin at 9:15 PM.
8. Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museums - located in Provo, this museum is the perfect FREE activity for the family
9. Orem City Heritage Museum - Enjoy an impressive 30,000-piece collection of unique history at this museum. Admission is free
10. Rowley's South Ridge Farms - after exploring the farm, stop by their red barn to enjoy fresh fruit and some delicious ice cream!
11. BYU Family History Library - with links to hundreds of records and volunteer expert consultants, this library provides the tools necessary to search for your family.
12. Fort Utah Park - located off of Geneva Road in Provo, enjoy a day at a skate park with the family at a historic piece of land
13. Sundance Resort - learn about the Stewart family and their immigration into the area by visiting the beautiful Sundance Resort
14. Crandall Historical Printing Museum - this unique one-of-a-kind museum is the only one like it. It offers a museum on printing methods as well as hands-on exhibits. It is a living documentary of the role the written and printed word has had on history
15.Pyroneer Day at the Park - Get ready for great live music, fireworks, food trucks and more at the Seratoma South Field in Provo from 8 PM - 10:30 PM on Pioneer Day!